Great news! We’re looking for a new person to join the awesome Whizz Pop Bang team 🙂 Got what it takes to be a top administrator and customer service person? Read all about the role below and if it sounds like you please get in touch!
Role: Office administrator/customer service representative
Launchpad Publishing is an award-winning magazine publisher producing high quality magazines for children. Our flagship magazine, Whizz Pop Bang, is a monthly publication that makes science fun and accessible for thousands of 6-11 year olds. Each magazine is packed full of experiments, puzzles, science news, facts and features to enable children to have fun with science at home.
The business is growing rapidly and we are excited to be advertising for an office administrator/customer service representative to become part of our close-knit team.
The role offers the opportunity to work from our friendly Cirencester office, whilst also having the flexibility to work from home on occasions. The position will be for fifteen hours a week spread between Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, with a degree of flexibility to cover busy times.
• Provision of exceptional customer service via our email support system, telephones, and across our social media accounts – keeping our customers happy is one of our core principles; we aim to go the extra mile wherever possible to help create a positive vibe about our company and our products
• Timely mailing out of orders and post to ensure that customers are happy and that the company is run efficiently
• Data cleaning – checking and amending customer address data to eliminate errors
• Financial administration work – including raising invoices and quotes and some bookkeeping duties (training will be provided)
• Office administration – filing and ordering of office supplies to keep the office running like clockwork
• We’re looking for someone who actively enjoys dealing with customers and is able to delight and impress our customers with super-friendly and efficient customer service
• We require someone with an excellent level of written and spoken English; as an educational magazine publisher, it is vital that all of our interactions with customers include a high standard of spelling and grammar
• Previous experience of office administration and customer service is essential
• We need someone who is competent with computers – the use of Word and Excel is a requirement of the position. We also use web-based accounting software and customer support systems – training will be provided on these platforms
• Depending on the successful candidate, there is the potential for this role to expand and evolve to include more responsibilities as Launchpad Publishing continues to grow
The hourly rate will be £10 per hour with a pro-rata holiday allowance.
The job will mostly be based at our new Cirencester office. There is also some flexibility to work from home on occasions too.
Launched in 2015, and already going from strength to strength, we publish a top-quality children’s magazine, making science fun and engaging for 6-11-year-old kids. We’re a new, dynamic company growing quickly yet organically. Our core goal is to help more families to enjoy and interact with science at home and in particular to ensure that girls are included just as much as boys. We are focussed on providing all of our customers with an excellent experience from start to finish – both in our products and in our customer service. We’re looking for someone who can help us to accomplish that and to join us on our journey at this very exciting stage of our business.
If you think that you would fit this role we’d really love to hear from you. Please email your CV and covering letter to us – or feel free to email and ask if you would like any further information.